Cross Walk Church is affiliated with the Christian and Missionary Alliance, and therefore
adheres to its beliefs as follows:
THREE IN ONE
1. There is one God, who is infinitely perfect, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. Jesus Christ is the true God and the true man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died on the cross, the Just for the unjust, as a substitutionary sacrifice, and all who believe in Him are justified by His shed blood. He arose from the dead according to the Scriptures. He is now at the right hand of Majesty on high as our great High Priest. He will come again to establish His Kingdom, righteousness, and peace.
3. The Holy Spirit is a Divine Person, sent to indwell, guide, teach, and empower the believer and convince the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment.
SALVATION FOR ALL
4. The Old and New Testaments, inerrant as originally given, were verbally inspired by God and are a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men. The Scriptures constitute the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice.
5. Man was originally created in the image and likeness of God: he fell through disobedience, incurring physical and spiritual death. All men are born with a sinful nature, are separated from life with God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ. The fate of the unrepentant and unbelieving is existence forever in conscious torment; and that of the believer, in everlasting joy and bliss.
6. Salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all men; and those who repent and believe in Him are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life, and become the children of God.
7. It is the will of God that each believer should be filled with the Holy Spirit and be sanctified wholly, being separated from sin and the world and fully dedicated to the will of God, thereby receiving power for holy living and effective service. This is both a crisis and a progressive experience wrought in the life of the believer subsequent to conversion.
8. Provision is made in the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ for the healing of the mortal body. Prayer for the sick and anointing with oil are taught in the Scriptures and are privileges for the Church.
GOD'S KINGDOM - NOW AND TO COME
9. The Church consists of all those who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, are redeemed through His blood, and are born again of the Holy Spirit. Christ is the Head of the Body, the Church, which has been commissioned by Him to ho into all the world as a witness, preaching the gospel to all nations. The local church is a Body of believers in Christ who are joined together for the worship of God; for edification through the Word of God; for prayer, fellowship, and the proclamation of the gospel; and for the observance of the ordinances of baptism and the Lord's Supper.
10. There shall be a bodily resurrection of the just and unjust; for the former, a resurrection unto life; for the latter, a resurrection unto judgment.
11. The Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is imminent and will be personal, visible, and premillennial. This is the believer's Blessed Hope and is a vital truth, which is an incentive to holy living and faithful service.